19 February 2008 by Hashem Bajwa
We at Brain Sells are already fans of Innocent Smoothies' smart scrappy marketing
, and here's a new example of a site designed for kids
from the healthy UK smoothie maker.
The site is made up of simple movable panels with small fun gems in each of them -- from recipes, games, photos, to a contest with kids artwork on the packs and even stuff for adults.
Thanks to IF!
for finding this.
18 February 2008 by Hashem Bajwa
Some of the biggest brands in the world vied to capitalize on buzz created by Super Bowl ads, but most failed to successfully link TV ads to their online presence, according to
Reprise Media, which measures how prepared brands are to capture online interest and buzz.
Among this year's key findings:
- 6% of Super Bowl advertisers put a call to action in their commercials.
- 28% of brands purchased ads against Super Bowl-related keywords.
- 93% of advertisers did not buy search placement for concepts related to their ads — terms related to spokesperson, mascot, celebrity or tagline.
- No Super Bowl ads pointed to a social media presence on MySpace, YouTube or Facebook. Less than one-fifth showed Super Bowl-related content on social networks.
- Advertisers are getting better at including the relevant URL in their ads...with 84% displaying a URL in their commercials.
This year's game was the second most watched program, ever. TV is not dead. But why would a company spend $2.7 million for :30 seconds on TV and not try to make the most of the buzz online? What about the rest of the year?
Have a look on Google Trends for any brand in the Super Bowl and there is a huge up tick in search volume during the game. Are brands taking advantage of this sign of interest & intention
by Hashem Bajwa
Diesel’s Spring/Summer 08 runway show was entitled "Liquid Space". While regular human models paced up and down the runway, a host of CGI characters appeared in mid-air to interact with them within an underwater landscape. These animated holograms were entirely viewable from both sides of the stage.
You can view the video here
, pretty stunning.
The experience was created by Barcelona 3D animation studio Dvein
and Danish media production agency Vizoo
.What kinds of new experiences offline could we create by blending interaction between the live performance, digital art and online interactivity?